Fumigation Preparation Checklist
The following is a guideline for assisting in fumigation preparation. For more detailed information please contact us.
BEFORE FUMIGATION CAN COMMENCE
Due to the nature of fumigations, geographical areas traveled, etc. we CANNOT give a specific time of arrival for fumigation. For general timeline information please click the following link to view our Fumigation Schedule Chart.
It is a REQUIREMENT to provide us with a set of keys to the property and ALL locked spaces PRIOR to the fumigation. We are responsible for securing the structure against unlawful entry. A set of keys is required to do this effectively.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN ANYONE ENTER THE STRUCTURE DURING THE ENTIRE FUMIGATION PROCEDURE
Gas utilities must be turned off by PG&E prior to fumigation. We will schedule PG&E for this service appointment approximately a week prior to the fumigation.
It is the responsibilities of the property owner to schedule the gas re-connect with PG&E. Missed appointments may take 2-3 days for PG&E to restore gas service.
DO NOT SCHEDULE THE SERVICE BEFORE 5PM THE DATE YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO RE-ENTER.
- Electricity MUST be available to perform the fumigation. No electricity at the site will result in a cancellation of the fumigation.
- Notify us of any conduits, tunnels, pathways, etc. that connects the structure to be fumigated to any other structure.
- Remove ALL items for human consumption INCLUDING food in refrigerators and freezers PRIOR to the fumigation. (Food items in cans, glass jars and plastic bottles with the ORIGINAL FACTORY SEAL do not have to be removed. Any other food and/or medicines MUST be removed even with the factory seal intact. Do not leave food products in the structure even if you plan on disposing of the items when you return. Food cannot remain in the structure during the fumigation process.
Examples: Cereals, bread, tea, sugar, noodles, spices, tobaccos and medications.)
- Remove ALL waterproof children's mattresses and any waterproof mattress or pillow covers.
- Remove ALL living things from the structure such as pets (including fish) and plants. Warn neighbors that own cats of the fumigation plans and recommend securing their cat during the procedure.
- Open ALL cabinets, closets, drawers and attic hatches. Raise blinds and open drapes to allow access to the windows.
- Unlock ALL rooms, cabinets, safes, etc.
- Remove ALL antennae or satellite dishes.
- Detach ALL fences that abut the structure. Fences with gates do not have to be detached.
- Trim back ALL trees, plants, shrubs and any ground covering foliage to at least 12 inches from the side of the structure.
- Rake back ALL decorative rock and decorative bark (wood chips) from the side of the structure at least 12 inches.
- Thoroughly water ALL the soil around the perimeter of the foundation and around any plants adjacent to the structure.
REMEMBER: WHEN IN DOUBT, TAKE IT OUT!!